Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Persuasive writing convinces the reader on why he/she should consider your stance. There are many ways to persuade the reader, such is appealing to his logic emotion or credibility. Well-written arguments analyze the topic, identify issues, and resolve problems through support and claims.
For this essay, analyze the company you want to work for. Research the company’s mission statement, the company’s history, and what the company provides. Think about the ways you can improve the company and bring it more success. Your thesis should identify the company’s main issue and why you will be a valuable asset. Support your thesis with main points and you have developed from your cover letter and or resume.
Establish a problem that needs to be solved. Persuasive essays are often responses to a problem or issue that requires attention. In particular, this prompt is asking you to fill-in a company’s opening for a potential employee. In other words, a job opening means that the company needs someone with a specific skill set to fix their problems. How can you resolve it?
• Analyze the company strengths and weaknesses. What is the company doing well? What is the company lack? How could the company improve?
• Take a strong stance and have supporting claims and evidence. You are arguing why you deserve to join their company, so develop a plan. Identify your strengths, describe your work ethic, use stories that highlight your personality.
Questions to generate ideas:
• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Which industry do you see yourself working in? What steps are you taking to reach your dream job?
• List some famous brands. This can range from fashion books, electronics, vehicles, etc Which brand do you have the most of? What do you like most about that brand? Do you think you can market for that company Why?
• Who are your role models what do they do for a living? What company do they work for? Unless your role model was born into royalty, he/she probably worked hard and jumped through some hoops to get where they are. Research the training and qualifications they needed to get their job
✓ This will be a 4-6 page essay, Time New Roman 12 point font double space, 1 inch margins, MLA.
✓ Other than the companies information (i.e. job posting, mission , history), no outside sources are needed.